Hunting is a popular recreational activity and is an integral part of our wildlife management program at Land Between The Lakes. In the absence of large predators, hunting helps to maintain healthy populations of such species as white-tailed deer.
With thousands of acres teeming with game and over 300 miles of undeveloped shoreline, Land Between The Lakes offers an impressive variety of hunting opportunities and more than 250 days a year of in-season hunting. Hunters will find white-tailed deer, wild turkey, squirrels, and other forest game species abundant.
We offer annual spring turkey and squirrel hunts, fall/winter hunts for deer, waterfowl, and a variety of small game species. Hunters can also enjoy a variety of camping choices, from the convenience of our developed campgrounds to the rustic adventure of camping in our back-country areas. Many hunters bring their families and stay in one of the area resorts.
For more detailed hunting information, call us at 270-924-2065 or send an email to email@example.com
All hunters must have a Land Between The Lakes Hunter Use Permit and applicable state licenses. To hunt deer with firearms, hunters must apply during the month of July and be drawn for a quota deer hunt permit. To hunt during the first several days of spring turkey season, hunters must apply during February and be drawn for a quota turkey hunt permit.
The Annual Land Between The Lakes Hunter Use Permit is valid March 1 through February 28 and available at Welcome Stations, Visitor Center, and anywhere Kentucky and Tennessee State hunting licenses are sold:
$25 Hunter Use Permit (age 16 and older)
$35 Hunter Use and Backcountry Camping Combo
Quota hunt application online $5 fee.
Deer hunt dates for 2016-17 season at Land Between The Lakes:
Youth Hunt – Oct 22-23
Quota Hunt – Nov 19-20
- Sept 24 – Oct 20
- Oct 24-Nov 17
- Nov 21- Jan 8
- Oct 1-16
- Nov 12-17
- Nov 21-Dec 31
Youth Hunt – Oct 15-16
Quota Hunts – Nov 11-12 and Nov 26-27
- Sep 24-Oct 13
- Oct 17-Nov 9
- Nov 13-Nov 24
- Nov 28-Jan 8
- 2016 Turkey Hunt Information Sheet
- Turkey hunt road barricades-North
- Turkey hunt road barricades-South
Kentucky and Tennessee Quota Hunts:
- April 9-10, Youth hunt
- Kentucky: For hunters under age 16
- Tennessee: For hunters 6-16 years old
- April 12-13, Adult hunt
- April 16-17, Adult hunt
Kentucky Non-quota Hunt Season:
- April 18-May 1
Tennessee Non-quota Hunt Season:
- April 18-24 and April 25-May 1
Small Game and Waterfowl Hunting
- 2016 Trapping Permit Application must be received by Monday, December 14, 2015.
- Print, complete, and mail 2016 Trapping Permit Application to:
USDA Forest Service-Land Between The Lakes
Attn: Trapping Application
100 Van Morgan Drive
Golden Pond, KY 42211
- 2016 Trapping Permit Application for Land Between The Lakes
- 2016 Trapping Report Form for Land Between The Lakes This form must be printed and carried throughout the season for reporting purposes and mailed to the address above at the end of the season.