LAND BETWEEN THE LAKES, KY/TN – February 8, 2017 – Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area begins its 2017 season Wednesday, March 1, when Energy Lake, Hillman Ferry, and Piney campgrounds, along with Woodlands Nature Station, Homeplace 1850s Farm, and North and South Welcome stations open.
Check the Calendar of Events at www.landbetweenthelakes.us/calendar/ for a variety of fun programs for visitors of all ages and interests.
Open March 1:
- Energy Lake Campground
- Hillman Ferry Campground
- Piney Campground
Open Wed-Sun March 1-31 | Open daily starting April 1:
- Homeplace 1850s Farm
- Nature Station
- North Welcome Station
- South Welcome Station
Open daily starting April 1, dawn to dusk:
- Moss Creek Day-Use Area
Open all year:
- Basic and Dispersed Camping
- Elk & Bison Prairie
- Golden Pond Planetarium and Observatory
- Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle Area (if conditions allow)
- Wranglers Campground
- Outdoor recreation activities
- Fun Card: Good in any combination for admission to Golden Pond Planetarium, Nature Station, and Homeplace 1850s Farm. Best for locals or frequent visitors.
- $35 for 10 regular admission fees
- Never expires
- Does not include Elk & Bison Prairie
- Discount Package: Good seven days from purchase; one regular show at Golden Pond Planetarium; one regular admission to Homeplace 1850s Farm; and one regular admission to Nature Station
- $11 ages 13 and older
- $6 ages 5-12 years
Land Between the Lakes honors the America the Beautiful – National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass including Senior, Access, and Military Passes. For more information on discount passes and how to get federal recreation passes, visit www.landbetweenthelakes.us/visit/passes/.