LAND BETWEEN THE LAKES, KY/TN – Homeschooler families are invited to use Woodlands Nature Station as their outdoor classroom in April at Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area. Visitors can pick up a “Nature Discovery Activity Book” to guide them through exploration activities such as an animal signs scavenger hunt, nature writing, and tree identification. Complete activities to earn an official Nature Discovery Patch and certificate. Nature Station is open 10am-5pm daily in April.
Staff-led programs for homeschoolers will be offered at 11:30am throughout April. Visitors can have an up-close animal encounter at 3:30pm and see the Parade of Raptors at 4:30pm every day.
Homeschoolers’ Day at Nature Station will be Friday, April 29, 10am-3pm and will focus on water. Visitors will be able to get up-close with aquatic animals, investigate a pond ecosystem, and complete educational crafts.
Programs included with regular admission: ages 13 and up $5; ages 5-12 $3; ages 4 and under are free. Fourth grade students can go to https://everykidinapark.gov/, get their free Every Kid in a Park pass, and get their family in for free.
Homeschoolers’ Month Program Schedule:
Nature Discovery Self-Guided Activity Book & Activities Available 10am-5pm, Daily
Weekday Mornings at 11:30am:
- Mondays – Incredible Insects
- Tuesdays – Spring Nature Hike
- Wednesdays – Amazing Animals Backyard Tour
- Thursdays – Pond Prowl
- Fridays – Radical Reptiles & Awesome Amphibians (except Homeschoolers’ Day, April 29)
Afternoon Animal Encounter Programs at 3:30pm
- Mondays – Howlin’ Good Time with Coyotes
- Tuesdays – Treats for Turkeys
- Wednesdays – For Goodness Snakes!
- Thursdays – Dinnertime for Bald Eagle
- Fridays – Help Us Feed the Deer!
- Saturdays – Dinnertime for Red Wolves
- Sundays – Mystery Animal Encounter
Parade of Raptors at 4:30pm, Daily
Weekend Nature Programs
- Check out the Calendar of Events for more information about weekend programs.
Homeschoolers’ Day at Nature Station – Friday, April 29, 10am-3pm