2016 Hillman Ferry Campground Map
820 Hillman Ferry Road
Grand Rivers, KY 42045
N 36° 56’ 58.94”
W 88° 10’ 50.26”
Mark your calendar!
- July 9, 2016 | 11am | “Wildlife of Land Between the Lakes” program by Nature Station staff. Live animal demonstrations at the activity building.
- July 23, 2016 | 11am | “Hillman Ferry Campground 50th Anniversary Celebration” Join us for a cook-out competition, raffle tickets and prizes, fun activities for kids, and more.
- October 21-23 | “Hillman Scary” festivities! Site decoration contest, costume contests, haunted trail, chili cook-off, trick-or-treating, and scary movies.
Hillman Ferry Campground offers 374 well-defined lake front and wooded sites capable of handling a variety of camping units from tents to large motor homes. Basic, electric, water, and sewer sites are available. Campers have access to modern facilities, including a large swimming area, archery range, ball field, bike trails, campfire amphitheater, hiking trails, two boat ramps, fishing dock, picnic tables, and fire rings. During the summer season we offer recreation programs for all ages.
Season: March through November
Amenities: Campers can purchase ice, firewood, tick repellent, limited camping supplies, and other perishable goods at the Outpost. Soft drink machines are located behind the gatehouse and shower building in Area A. Washers and dryers are available in Areas A, C, D and T.
Archery Target Practice: Archery target practice is permitted in designated areas only. Broad-head arrows are prohibited.
Campsite Capacity: Each campsite is limited to two camping units as defined in our general camping regulations — two tents or one wheeled and one tent — and two vehicles.
Disk Golf: NEW Disc Golf practice basket behind the Activity building. Disc Golf discs are available for sale or rent at the Outpost.
Generators: Area B-36 through B-47 is considered a 24-hour generator use area and may run during quiet hours.
Hillman Ferry Mountain Bike Trails: Mountain bike trails can be found behind the activity shelter outside of Area D. The Hillman Ferry Road connects to the 59-mile North/South Trail.
Hillman Heritage National Recreation Trail: The Hillman Heritage Trail is for foot and bicycle traffic only. It is open to the public during daylight hours only and unregistered campers must check in and out at the Hillman gatehouse. All trail rules and guidelines must be followed.
Old Rock Quarry Site: The Old Rock Quarry site provides a great place to observe nature. However camping, swimming, and diving are prohibited. WARNING: extremely dangerous conditions exist; visit at your own risk.
Outpost Hours: April through October
Mon-Wed 9am to 5pm
Thu-Sat 7am to 10pm
Sunday 7am to 9pm
Rentals: Bicycles and equipment rentals are available through the Outpost during operating hours only, April through October. Equipment rental reservations are also available. Security and cleaning deposits may be required.
Water: In the spring and fall, water at sites may not be available due to colder temperatures. Water will be available at designated hydrants throughout the campground.
- Leave firewood at home – do not transport it to campgrounds. Use firewood from local sources.
- If you have moved firewood, burn all of it before leaving your campsite.
Campers at Hillman Ferry can listen to great music throughout the summer.
Check out the Band Schedule for 2016:
- May 21st – Care Free Highway Band
- May 28th – Cantageus
- May 29th – Trailblazers
- June 4th – Deja Blue
- June 11th – Ray Castleberry
- June 18th – Randy Delaney
- June 25th – Cantageus
- July 2nd – Andy Miller Band
- Sept. 3rd – Deja Blue
- Sept. 4th – Heart and Soul
Bands play at the Activity Building from 8 – 10pm. Alcohol is prohibited at public events.
If interested in becoming a Resident Attendant at Hillman Ferry, please contact email@example.com.