Free Public Boat Ramps
North to South
- Twin Lakes Backcountry Area
- Pisgah Point Backcountry Area
- Birmingham Ferry Backcountry Area
- Smith Bay Backcountry Area
- Sugar Bay Backcountry Area
- Fenton Self-Service Campground
- Redd Hollow Backcountry Area
- End of FS road #172 (Jones Creek)
- Ginger Bay Backcountry Area
- Boswell Landing Backcountry Area
- Gray’s Landing Backcountry Area
North to South
- Nickell Branch Backcountry Area
- Demumbers Bay Backcountry Area
- Eddyville Ferry at the end of Old Ferry Road (FS road #117)
- Cravens Bay Self-Service Campground (2 ramps)
- Honker Bay (FS road #135)
- Taylor Bay Backcountry Area
- Energy Dam-Inland lake next to Barkley Lake and a ramp to Barkley Lake
- Devil’s Elbow Day-Use Area
- Fords Bay (FS road #347)
- Neville Bay Backcountry Area
- Gatlin Point Self-Service Campground
Please note that Hillman Ferry, Piney and Energy Lake Campgrounds have boat ramps for those camped in the campground only.
Canoe and Kayak Rentals
During certain times of the year at Land Between the Lakes, you can rent a canoe or kayak at Nature Station, generally Memorial Day through Labor Day (weather and lake permitting).
Due to growth of both native and invasive plants on Honker Lake, Nature Station will may cease all canoe and kayak rentals in late summer. Guided canoe/kayak trips will still be offered, but at other Land Between the Lakes locations.
Energy Lake Campground offers canoe rentals from May 15 through October (weather and lake permitting). Energy Lake Campground, only a few miles from Nature Station, rents canoes from 8am until 4pm. The last canoe can go out at 3pm, weather permitting. For further information, please call Nature Station at 270-924-2299 or Energy Lake Campground at 270-924-2270.
If it’s too hot (above 100 degree F heat index) or lake levels too low, safety may cause us to hold off on boat rentals. Please call to confirm 270-924-2233.
See Rates and Hours for rental fees.
Our surrounding communities, nearby state resort parks and private marinas offer paddle boat, motor boat, and personal watercraft rentals. Explore what our local communities have to offer for your boating pleasure. Check our Communities page at http://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/visit/community/.
Be safe and enjoy your adventure on the lakes!