How to participate in land management project planning at Land Between the Lakes
Since the United States Forest Service accepted management of Land Between The Lakes in 1999, we have consistently requested public input in our land management planning efforts and on major projects.
The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) serves as the Forest Service’s basic charter to protect the environment and to inform the public of any environmental effects.
This includes proposed actions such as…
- Building new trail systems
- Developing nature watch areas
- Renovating lake access areas
- Managing habitats for diversity of plants and animals by burning and harvesting timber
…and other issues on land management planning.
Are you interested?
If you are interested in what we do and how we do it, we invite you to connect with us.
1) The easiest and most efficient way to connect would be to subscribe to our NEPA email list. Send your request to:
In the subject line write“NEPA Mailing List.” We will then notify you of our intentions to develop a project to implement our Forest Plan.
2) Another way to stay connected would require you to check our website regularly. You will find our project information at:
LRMP = Land and Resource Management Plan
3) Another way for you to be connected requires you to monitor the Paducah Sun classifieds for our announcements.
Once you connect, it’s important that you comment in a timely manner and focus on the issues.
You can comment throughout the planning process. Projects have specific times when we need your input before the next decision point. We start the public input process by defining project goals and proposed actions. Mainly we request your input:
· In the beginning
· During alternative discussions
· Prior to our decision
We ask that you …
· Provide useful input
· Give us ideas or new information
· Identify site specific issues
…related to the specific project. In addition, supporting documents would be appreciated.
Thank you We hope this helps you connect on our land management projects.
If you have other questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com, call us at 1-800-525-8077, or write to us at:
Land Between The Lakes
238 Visitor Center Drive
Golden Pond, KY 42211