Mission Statement of Land Between The Lakes: “To protect and manage the resources of Land Between The Lakes for optimum yield of outdoor recreation and environmental education for the American people. In so doing, to utilize the demonstration assignment to authorize, cooperate in, test, and demonstrate innovative programs and cost-effective management; to help stimulate the development of the surrounding region; and to extend the beneficial results as widely as possible.”
Check out our new webcam at Nature Station!
Upcoming Programs and Special Events
- June 1-30 | 1pm Every Wednesday | Practical Skills
- June 1-30 | 1pm Every Thursday | The Farm’s Herb Garden
- June 1-30 | Daily at 3:30pm: Feeding Time on the Farm
- Sat, June 4 | Summer Ice Cream Social
- Sun, June 5 | Birthday Celebration
- Mon, June 6 | This is the Way We Wash Our Clothes
- Sat-Sun, June 11-12 | Pickin’ Party Old-time Music Festival
- Sunday’s at 11:30am | Snake Feeding Sunday
- Tuesdays at 11am | Morning Nature Hike
- June 1-30 | 1pm Mon-Fri | Red Wolf Treat Time
- June 1-30 | Daily at 3:30pm: Animal Encounter Programs
- June 1-30 | Daily at 4:30pm: Parade of Raptors
- Sun, June 5 | Home Sweet Prairie
- Sat, June 11 | Sunset Canoe Trip | $25/canoe | Reservations Required 270-924-2020
- Fri, June 3 | Laser Light Music Shows: Laser Vinyl at 5:30pm and Laser Retro 7pm
- Sat, June 4 | Laser Light Music Shows: Pink Floyd: The Wall at 5:30pm; Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon at 7pm
- Sat, June 4 | Evening Planetarium Show: Two Small Pieces of Glass at 8pm
- Sat, June 4 | Star Party-Free for Everyone | Follows 8pm show
- Tue, June 7 | Laser Light Music Shows: Laser Spirit at 5:30pm; Laser Country at 7pm
- Fri, June 10 | Laser Zeppelin at 5:30pm; Laser U2 at 7pm
- Sat, June 11 | Laser I-POP at 5:30pm; Laser Pop at 7pm; Laser Beatles at 8pm
Events in Land Between the Lakes
- Today–June 12 | Early Squirrel Season | Tennessee portion of Land Between The Lakes
- Today–June 17 | Early Squirrel Season | Kentucky portion of Land Between The Lakes
- Sat-Sun, June 4-5 | Drag Boat Races | Pisgah Bay
There’s always something happening every day! Check the calendar for daily programs.
- 2016 Spring Calendar of Events-March, April, May
- 2016 Summer Program Calendar-June, July, August
- Land Between The Lakes 2016 Calendar Highlights
Every Kid in a Park 4th Grade Pass
- How to Use Every Kid in a Park 4th Grade Pass at Land Between The Lakes
- News Release | Every Kid in a Park 4th Grade Pass Poster | https://everykidinapark.gov/
- 2016 Youth Grant Program News Release | 2016 Youth Group Grant Application
Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle Area is open.
See Alerts page for more information.
Area Plan Monitoring Program Updates
The new Forest Service 2012 Planning Rule requires all forests to update their monitoring programs.
Click here for information on the monitoring requirements in the new Planning Rule and proposed changes as to the monitoring program at Land Between The Lakes.
Questions from the Public
Click here to read public listening session notes and get answers to questions about land management.
Connecting People and Place Oral History Project
Learn more about our history–honoring our past.